Friday, October 12, 2012

E Ola Koa crew inspires SJW with new designs...

So,

About a week ago, CEO and I were talking story, and she brought it up that a group of students from the the E Ola Koa crew have been following quite closely at our events and online with all of our happenings. Now for those of you who don't know who the E Ola Koa crew is, you bettah ask somebody.  They are a group of Kamehameha Schools elementary students dedicated to fitness through dance... and these guys are BEAST!

But back to the story... CEO was sharing with me that during recess, a group of EOK have been meeting up, doing our SJW routines aaaaaaaaaaannnnd... they have been coming up with their own mock up's of SJW graphic designs. How friggen unreal is that?!  According to CEO, these students have really been inspired by SJW with our mission to bring happiness to people's lives through dance and fitness, but on the real, EOK has done the exact same for me.

It's hella awesome to know that we embrace, nurture and motivate people in different ways, but the fact that a group of kids dove TOGETHER into the creative world... that's jus' UNREAL!  As a creative head, I was lucky to be embraced and mentored by a couple of adults who pushed for getting kids like myself (at the time) to think out of the box.  I've been hella blessed that I had people like that in my life, and with that, it's my duty to pay it forward.

Creativity, for a lot of us, is something that we're all blessed with as children.  We all dream about being a super hero or let our imaginations take us to a world of dragons and wizards or mermaids or unicorns, and for whatever the reason, as many of us grow up, it's lost.  Luckily for me, creativity is something I've been able to harness throughout the years and it's something I use both in my professional and personal life.  It's also the very reason why I surround myself with creative master minds both within and outside the SJW crew.

Okay, so back to the kids, lol... these creative genius heads banded together and came up with some KILLER SJW mock up's, and these designs have become the basis for the SJWgraphics you're about to see.  It's now time to pay it forward...

First, there's this bad boy, created by one of the EOK students.  Take "note" (haha) of the musical note in the drawing... friggen AMAZING!


From the drawing above, it became the inspiration for this...

Then there are these two drawings... again UNREAL! The kids simply used our initials and went with a simplistic feel.

So I went with that theme of simplicity, tilted the SJW initials around in different angles, and added punches of color and came up with this...

Then there's this bad boy... friggen GENIUS I swear! With the word "street" in our name, why didn't it ever occur to me to use a street sign?  (As seen in the bottom right corner.)

It immediately took me back to the day of that good ole kid's show we alllllllll grew up with, and thus this design...

Then there's this design... simply AMAZING!

With growth of SJW, the crew has been having some serious discussions of creating a "Jr." crew jus' for kids.  Though we haven't made anything official as of yet, the above drawing became the inspiration for the design below.  I just know the crew is going to GAG when they see this... as this is the FIRST TIME we're sharing this design...


And then there's this unreal drawing of our initials in the middle of a pair of headphones.  I can't express how unreal this is... the creativity is off the hook!

That was the inspiration for this design.  I SERIOUSLY WANT THIS MADE INTO A SHIRT!

So to the EOK crew: Props on some ridiculous work and for the jolt of unreal creativity.

Much aloha,

HaynMade

No comments:

Post a Comment